Story Time: Community and Activism
- Date & Time: February 8th, 6:00 pm.
- Location: Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/w/86222330155?tk=TTrOMIAUMTSzstDi5JEEuOv8c9OdyRpNtAwJenX7v2A.DQIAAAAUE0BZKxZMVHpyb1JqTFM0S1NCenVOOHRQZkl3AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
- Description: Join us to learn more about activism and how you can make a difference! This workshop includes a read aloud, guest speakers, and an interactive activity for all ages!
- Audience: Students of all ages!
- RSVP: Register here!
- Flyer: flyer, library workshops. Spring 2021 – SEA & KDP.
The Student Education Association and Acorn Public Library kicked off the first Story Time Workshop on February 8th, 2021. Together with families from neighboring communities, we read the book Oh The Things We’re For by Innosanto, created a Tree of Hope craft, and heard from our guest speaker Ginger Garcia. As we worked on the craft, the families were able to share who the important people are in their lives that help support them. We also discussed the different hopes and dreams we stand for. Each Tree’s of Hope created represented the person who created it, the people that support them, and their hopes and dream.
The Student Education Association would like to extend a special thank you to all those who participated in the workshop, our guest speaker Ginger Garcia, and Acorn Public Libraries. Through this series of workshops, we hope to spread awareness to and promote justice and equality.
“We can make change happen within our community. It is
important for all of us to work together to promote justice and equality.”
Pictures : Story Time: Community and Activism Photos
Written by: Sydney Schurman