The Student Education Association (SEA) and Kappa Delta Pi Honor Society (KDP) hosted a Teacher Panel on Tuesday September 18, 2018 in the Hall of Governors. The room was filled with Governors State University students in the education field. Panelists answered questions related to teaching and answered questions from the audience. Topics included student teaching, first year teaching strategies, what to include on resumés, tips on applying and searching for jobs, educators as professionals, specialty fields in education, interview suggestions, and prepping for edTPA.
Panelists in attendance:
- Jeff Pennington – Instructional Specialist, Former SPED Teacher
- Charles Robinson – 3rd Grade Teacher, GSU Alumni
- Joseph Baud – Kindergarten Teacher, GSU Alumni
- Margie Trigg – Retired Teacher, IEA Mentor
- Roger Schnitzler – Principal
- Vernecia L. Gee-Davis – Principal
- Dr. Adam Thorns – Principal
- Jon Nebor – High School English Teacher
- Jaimie Metoyer – High School English Teacher
- Adam Tourlakes – Middle School Paraprofessional
- Dr. Steven Sharp – Former ESL Teacher, Professor at GSU
- Dr. Angela Thompson – edTPA Coordinator, Professor at GSU
SEA and KDP are thankful for all the wonderful panelist that volunteered their time and wisdom to help GSU’s education students prepare for their future careers.
This event was organized by SEA President/KDP Vice-President, Jessica White, and SEA/KDP Committee Chair, Dr. Katy Hisrich.
See Teacher Panel photos here.